Grade 8 English
Teacher Karen Suksabai
This week, we will concentrate on finishing our reading book – The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas –and then watch and critique the movie. We will also learn how to use a grading rubric to self-assess journal entries, and write a critique and rewrite specific journal entries.
- 2 paragraph handwritten reflection on the general nature of friendship, and the dynamics of the friendship between the main characters in the novel.
- Complete journal rubrics, critique, and journal edits
Grade 8 Science
Teacher Rob Clarke
This week we will be learning about genetics.
Grade 8 Algebra I
Teacher Robert Dumas
• Factor trinomials of the form: ax2 + bx + c = 0
• Solve equations of the form: ax2 + bx + c = 0
• Solve equations using the Quadratic Formula
• Using the Discriminant to determine the number of solutions to the function