Grade 9 English
Teacher Karen Suksabai
This week, we will concentrate on finishing our reading book –A Long Walk to Water –and then watch and discuss the documentary – God Grew Tired of Us – The Lost Boys of Sudan. We will also learn how to use a grading rubric to self-assess journal entries, and write a critique and rewrite specific journal entries.
- 2 paragraph handwritten reflection on the supportive nature of family and friendship, and the difficulties of adapting to a brand new environment.
- Complete journal rubrics, critique, and journal edits
Grade 9 Science
Teacher Rob Clarke
This week we will be learning about electromagnetism.
Grade 9A Geometry
Teacher Robert Dumas
• Develop formula for Surface Area of Regular (Right) Pyramids
• Develop formula for Surface Area of a Regular Cone
• Find the Surface Area of Composite Figures involving pyramids or cones
Grade 9B Geometry
Teacher Nate Perkins
Ch. 18 Volume Formulas
This week we will complete Chapter 18, which gives an overview of volume formulas:
– Volume of Cones
– Volume of Spheres
For the course material, I will use examples from the book to illustrate the different concepts students are to understand from each section. I will solve the examples on the whiteboard and check for understanding from the students. Their homework will directly represent these concepts and help ingrain the different mathematical procedures into them so they are prepared for chapter, midterm, and final exams. There will be a quiz at the end of this week.