Grade 9 English
Teacher Karen Suksabai
This week, we will continue with the topic – how are relationships with others important? We will explore the use of dependent and independent clauses, and the word study will focus on suffixes er & or.
• barriers, confrontation, cultivate, enemies, political, violence, assume, focus, individuals, similarities.
We will also continue our reading book – Coraline by Neil Gaiman – by continuing to discuss the themes contained within chapter 9.
• Study for vocab test on Friday.
• Complete unfinished exercises in workbook from Unit 3, Reading 2.
• Complete comprehension questions from Coraline chapter 9.
Grade 9 Science
Teacher Ian Innocenti
This week in science class we will be learning about acceleration. The students will learn how to calculate acceleration of different object. We will also learn how to measure the change in velocity. We will be learning about drag and how it affects the acceleration of different objects. The students will be learning the vocabulary words for the week.
• Centripetal acceleration
Grade 9 Geometry
Teacher Robert Dumas
• Write ratios
• Write and solve proportions
• Define extended ratios
• Use cross products to solve proportions